- System Requirements
Watch HDTV on your notebook computer
Watch live HDTV or cable TV on your PC
Plugs into an Express Card/54 slot
- TV Standards:
- NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV and FM Stations
- ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Plugs into:
- Express Card/54 mm slots
- Watch, pause and record TV on your PC, in window or full screen. Uses Hauppauge’s SoftPVR to record TV programs to your computer’s disk drive.
- Receive ATSC digital TV or Clear QAM digital cable TV, up to 1080i format
- Receive NTSC analog cable TV with the built-in 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner
- Dolby-TV stereo decoder
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV-Scheduler software
Watch live TV on your PC
- Watch, pause and record analog and HDTV channels on your PC, at up to 1080i resolution. Receives Dolby Digital audio too.
- Watch Analog TV and Clear QAM Digital TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch ATSC HDTV by connecting to a TV antenna.
- Watch TV full screen or in a window.
- Remote control included.
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer’s hard drive with one click.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows automatically.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Combination analog\digital TV tuner on board: a 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner plus HDTV tuner for clear QAM and ATSC TV reception.
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Media Center.
NTSC is the analog cable TV standard.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour using Hauppauge’s SoftPVR for Windows XP and Media Center. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1500 can connect via either channel 3, Composite or S-Video inputs.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com and enter your postal code.
Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1500 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- Windows Media Center does not currently support clear QAM digital TV channels. To watch clear QAM digital TV, you must use the Hauppauge WinTV v6 application.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- For use with Windows Vista, the WinTV-HVR-1500 is certified for use with Microsoft’s Media Center application. Not all included applications on the enclosed installation CD are currently certified for use with Windows Vista.
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching digital TV)
- Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2. WinTV-HVR-1250 is Windows Vista Premium certified*
- Available Express Card/54 mm slot
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- DVD or CD writer for burning Video CDs, S-VCDs, or DVDs (optional)
Included in the WinTV-HVR-1500 model 1195 box
- WinTV-HVR-1500 Express Card/54 TV tuner
- Cable TV adapter cable ('F' connector to MCX)
- Portable ATSC antenna with MCX connector*
- Audio/Video input cable
- WinTV Installation and Utilities Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide