The new Hauppauge Capture application
Record, trim, upload and stream your game play
- Record and stream in-game chat with our microphone mixing feature
- Simple and fast trim editor
- Built-in StreamEez and YouTube upload
- Built-in logo inserter
- Simple to use video quality selector and scaling options
- StreamEez has a slide bar for streaming bitrate
- Support for recording 5.1 channel audio over Optical and SPDIF on the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512
Download Hauppauge Capture:
New features in this version:
- Image capture now captures at full native HD resolution (e.g. 1080p)
- Hotkey to capture screenshots (F2) can be reassigned in C:\users\public\hauppauge capture\config.xml
- Timer function to set recording for a specific period of time
- Now supports YouTube streaming. YouTube streaming requires Live Event enabled by YouTube.
Click here for instructions from YouTube
Click here for a YouTube streaming tutorial
- Added a checkbox to lock the aspect ratio of a Personal Logo, so the logo doesn't get skewed when you resize it
- Recordings made in WinTV v7 now work in Hauppauge Capture
- Add support for French, German, Italian and Spanish
- New settings in the Advanced menu: brightness and contrast settings and microphone delay adjust
- Audio bitrate can now go up to 256kb/sec
- Screen saver and sleep mode are now disabled while recording
- StreamEez changes:
- Volume on Game and Mic audio now adjustable for StreamEez
- Game audio and Mic Audio levels now remembered for StreamEez
- Improvements to microphone audio when streaming at low bit rates
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue that could result in Hauppauge Capture being brought to the foreground when recording was started (resulting in PC Game play being interupted)
- Fixed problem with 'use hardware acceleration' setting being ignored on the Edit tab
Beta version 31339 with multi-track audio recording and improved MP4 exporter. To turn on multi-track recording, click:
Advanced -> Audio encoder and then close and reopen Hauppauge Capture.
Each of your audio sources will now be on a separate track, and can be edited in Sony Vegas. To check out the multi-track audio, we suggest you open your recording in the VLC media player and click on Audio -> Audio track and you can listen to track 1 (game), track 2 (microphone) or track 3 (PC audio).
Hauppauge Capture supports all models of the HD PVR 2 including the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512. There is also limited support for the original HD PVR and Colossus. Hauppauge Capture is free for HD PVR 2, Colossus and the original HD PVR users. You just need to download it. Also, you can have Showbiz, WinTV v7 and Hauppauge Capture installed at the same time on your PC, but you can only record from one program at a time.
If you have any comments on the Hauppauge Capture application, please e-mail them to: TheFrontDesk@hauppauge.com
We'd appreciate hearing what you think!