Cordcutter TV Firmware
Upgrade your Cordcutter TV firmware from a PC
File name: cordcuttertv_180608_411.zip
- Adds recording support to the USB port on Cordcutter TV (Note: recordings can only be made on USB thumb drives formatted as NTFS. Fat32 formatted drives will not record)
- Adds updated Plex support: Plex will see Cordcutter TV as two network TV tuners
- Recording name is now Channel_date_time
- Now supports iOS and AppleTV Scheduled Recordings (requires myTV app for iOS version 2.30 or later)
- Add support for three quality levels on recordings: Highest (1920x0180), high 1280x1080) and standard (720x576). The quality setting requires Android myTV version 30 or later.
Note: an Ethernet cable is needed when updating the firmware. You can either use Ethernet from the Cordcutter TV to the router, or Ethernet from the router to the PC. The easiest setup is if you connect your Cordcutter TV to the router with an Ethernet cable. The following instructions assumes you have the Ethernet cable connecting your Cordcutter TV to the router.
- First, download the Cordcutter TV firmware files and unzip them. You can find the Cordcutter TV firmware files above.
There are two files: rootfs_yyyyy.tgz and CordcutterTV_zzzzz.update
- Attach an Ethernet cable from your router to the Cordcutter TV. You can use any Ethernet port on the back of the router except the port which is used to connect to the Internet (most times, this port is marked WAN, so don't use this one).
- Next, reset the Cordcutter TV. On the back of Cordcutter TV, unplug the power connector. Then push and hold the 'reset' button while plugging in the power connector. Hold the reset button for about 10 seconds before releasing it. This resets the Cordcutter TV. It takes about 30 seconds for the reset to be complete.
- Find the IP address of the Cordcutter TV. In the myTV app on either iOS or Android, you can find the IP address in
Settings -> Device -> Hauppauge Cordcutter TV -> Info -> IP Address
Make a note of this address since you will need it in the next two steps.
- Next, get a PC connected to your router. The PC can be connected wired or wireless to your router as long as the Cordcutter TV is connected to your router using Ethernet.
- On your PC, open a web browser and type in the IP address of Cordcutter TV. You will now be at the home page of the Cordcutter TV.
- Click Firmware Update. You will see three uploads, but we only be using the first two.
- Click Choose file and then locate the rootfs_5516_411.tgz file you downloaded and then click UploadRootfs. When the upload is complete, you will see an ‘OK’ message.
- Type in the IP address once more to get to the main Cordcutter TV page. Click Firmware Update again.
- Click ‘Choose file’ and then locate the CordcutterTV_411_180608.update file and then click ‘Upload’. When the upload is complete, you will see an ‘Rebooting’ message.
That’s it. After the reboot, the new firmware will be on your Cordcutter TV. You can now remove the Ethernet cable from the Cordcutter TV (if you had previously connected it).
If you do not see the three downloads in the Firmware Update page, you did not hold the reset button long enough. Unplug the power cable, push and hold the reset button while you plug in the power cord. Hold the reset button depressed for 10 seconds.