Hauppauge Capture for USB-Live2
Note: If you have run HCWCLEAR, you must reboot your PC and leave the USB-Live2 installed. After a reboot you will see the Found New Hardware Wizard installation message, hit Cancel. then continue below.
Hauppauge Capture SD version 33216
- Click the download button and save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Comments, questions on this version? Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WinTV v8.5: for video monitor and capture
WinTV v8.5 application and TV tuner driver download package
WinTV v8.5 is the latest version of the WinTV v8 application for Windows. This download is a complete WinTV v8.5 installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus utilities.
Installation notes for WinTV v8.5:
If you have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850, WinTV-HVR-950 (not the WinTV-HVR-950Q), Colossus (not Colossus 2) or HD PVR model 1212, you MUST use WinTV v8. WinTV v8.5 does not support these products.
A WinTV v8.5 Activation Code will be needed to install this WinTV v8.5 version.
If you do not have an Activation Code , but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application (look in the WinTV 8 Download tab).
If you do not have either an Activation Code or your original WinTV v7 CD-ROM, you can purchase a new WinTV v8.5 Activation Code on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95 or $11.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5 (or WinTV v8).
If you have a WinTV v8 Activation Code for Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8.5 with Extend will also be installed.
WinTV v8.5 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7
To install the WinTV v8.5 application
Note: You will need to have your WinTV v8.5 Activation Code to complete this installation. If you do not have a WinTV v8.5 Activation Code, you can either buy one on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95, or if you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can download and install the latest version of WinTV v8.
- Download the WinTV v8.5 installer. After downloading this file, it's normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Run wintv85setup from the Download directory on your PC. Halfway through the installation, a message will pop up asking for you to enter the Activation Code.
- At the Activation required screen, click on Enter Activation code and enter the activation code which was emailed to you, is printed on the WinTV v8 activation card or printed on your WinTV v8 CD. You do not need to enter the dashes, and you can use upper or lower case characters.
- When the installation is complete, you will find the WinTV icon on your Windows desktop. Double click on this icon and the WinTV application will run. On the first run of WinTV, it will automatically go through the TV source selection and will scan for channels.
To install the latest driver:
Leave your USB-Live2 plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the Driver10 update
- Run the EXE file.
- This will install the USB-Live2 base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
None at this time.
USB-Live2 Beta Application
None at this time.
Third Party Applications
Stream your live video, video + screen, or screen-only along with your audio to viewers via the public Internet.
Can I capture video with Adobe Flash Media Encoder Live?
Yes. Please see the following pictures to set the input source on the USB-Live2. Also, the audio needs to be routed from your microphone or other audio source to the "Line in" jack on your PC.
Currently, while you can bring video from USB-Live-2 into the Media Live Encoder, audio from USB-Live-2 is not supported.
This is the Adobe Flash Live Media Encoder main menu
Click the "wrench" icon next to the Hauppauge device.Then click the tab marked "Crossbar" and click "Input". You will see a list of video input sources which USB-Live-2 has. Set the input source to the one you want to use.
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.