WinTV-DCR-3250 - a three tuner network CableCard receiver!
Three Cable TV tuners for your Windows Media Center PC, anywhere on your home or office network
Nothing plugs into your PC: the WinTV-DCR-3250 sends TV over your home network. Plug the WinTV-DCR-3250 into your home router and then up to three TV programs will be streamed to your Windows Media Center PC
Watch and record premium digital cable TV on your Media Center PC
If you have a subscription to premium cable TV, you can watch and record the best TV premium cable TV programs on your PC.
Watch TV from any Windows Media Center computer on your home network
Record the full resolution of the original broadcast
Windows Media Center records from the Hauppauge winTV-DCR-3250 in the full resolution of the broadcast
Use Windows 7 or 8 Media Center to schedule and record premium cable TV programs. Record one episode or an entire season of your favorite TV programs!
Windows Media Center comes with an advanced electronic program guide, so you can see what is playing plus schedule the recording of a single episode or the entire series of your favorite TV programs
WinTV-DCR-3250 CableCard receiver
- TV sources: US digital cable TV only (Note: will not work with Canadian cable TV)
- CableCARD slot (M-card, available from all US cable TV operators)
- Ethernet port for connection to your router: supports 100BaseT or Gigabit Ethernet networks
- USB port for connection to Tuning Adapter (for cable TV providers utilizing Switched Digital Video)
Compatible with these TV watch and record applications
- Windows Media Center on Windows 7 or Windows 8 - all channels
- Hauppauge's WinTV v7 or v8 applications - copy freely channels only
- MythTV 0.25 or later – DVR for Linux/Mac – copy freely channels only
- NextPVR – DVR for Windows – copy freely channels only
- Dual (or more) core processor or faster. Intel Atom and AMD Fusion C/E/G/Z series are not recommended due to limited processing power.
- Windows Media Center: Windows 8 with Windows Media Center upgrade, or Windows 7 Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional, or Enterprise
- Windows 10: with one of the compatible TV applications listed above
- 4-8GB disk space per hour of HD recording, 1-2GB per hour of SD recording
- Subscription to digital cable service and a CableCARD (M-Card) from your cable provider
- 100 or 1000Mbit Ethernet network
- Video card with support for hardware decoding and HDCP (NVIDIA 9500 or newer, ATI HD3000 or newer, or Intel HD Graphics). ATI GPUs prior to the HD5000 series and Intel Sandy Bridge GPUs may have problems decoding some content including premium channels like HBO.
- Display device that supports HDCP
- DVI or HDMI connection between the video card and display (Note: VGA/component connections can also be used between the video card and display, but WMC may limit the resolution)
The Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-3250 is not not compatible with antennas, satellite TV (DirecTV/Dish Network), or IPTV services such as AT&T U-Verse.
WinTV-DCR-3250 Network CableCard receiver with three tuners
Included with WinTV-DCR-3250 model 1467
- WinTV-DCR-3250 cablecard receiver
- Power supply
- 1 meter Ethernet cable
- Quick Installation Guide
Third Party applications for WinTV-DCR-3250
For the PC:
Windows Media Center in Windows 7 and Windows 8
WinTV v8 (free-to-copy channels and TV programs only)Click here for the latest version.
NextPVR supports free-to-copy channels and TV programs onlyClick here for the latest version.
MythTV now supports WinTV-DCR-3250 (free-to-copy channels and TV programs only)MythTV version 1.2
Quick Install Manual for the WinTV-DCR-3250