add TV and remote control to your Windows Media Center system, with these great features:
- Two on-board tuners: analog cable TV and ATSC/QAM high definition digital TV tuners for North America.
- Watch, pause and record analog and ATSC digital TV in Microsoft's Media Center. Record ATSC high definition digital TV to your PC's disk in the original video quality!
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV. Record to disk using from 1-2 Gigabytes of disk space per hour of recorded video. While recording, the WinTV-HVR-1600’s hardware MPEG-2 encoder does all the work, so your PC continues to run at full speed. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Works with Windows 7 media Center plus Vista and Windows XP Media Center.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to record your favorite TV shows. There’s no monthly charge for the program guide and scheduler!
- WinTV-HVR-1600 MC-Kit includes the Media Center remote control transmitter and receiver. Manage all Media Center functions with the hand held remote control. The Media Center remote control also has an IR transmitter to control the channels on a cable TV set top box or satellite receiver.
With Microsoft Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-1600 MC-Kit you can
- Watch analog cable TV and ATSC digital TV with Vista Media Center. Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to record your favorite TV shows. There’s no monthly charge for the program guide and scheduler!
- Record cable TV to disk WinTV-HVR-1600’s built-in MPEG-2 recorder in DVD quality. You typically use 1-2 Gigabytes of hard disk per hour of recorded video.
- Pause analog and ATSC digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Use the included Media Center remote control to control all of the media functions, such as digital picture slide shows, music playlists, etc.
- Use Media Center’s IR transmitter to control the channels on your satellite or cable TV set top box.
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gb of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Digital QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels, you can receive these QAM channels with Windows Media Center in Windows 7.
Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM cable TV channels.
Analog TV features
- 25 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
- Record TV shows to your PC's hard disk using the built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder. While recording, the hardware encoder does all the work so your PC continues to run at full speed!
- 1-2 Gigabytes of disk is used per hour of recorded video.
WinTV-HVR-1600 Media Center Kit is a great way to add TV to your Vista Home Premium or Ultimate PC. Simply plug WinTV-HVR-1600 into a PCI slot in your PC, plug in the included Media Center remote control, connect analog cable TV, ATSC digital TV or a satellite or other set top box, and you’ll be watching TV with Media Center’s MyTV button in no time!
ATSC high definition digital TV brings you sharper TV with great sound. Watch high definition digital TV at up to 1080i on your PC screen. WinTV-HVR-1600’s ATSC digital TV tuner will record high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in the original high definition without losing quality.
ATSC digital TV is free-to-air digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. Media center needs a set to box to receive digital cable TV or digital satellite TV.
Microsoft certified Media Center remote control included. Control all of Media Center’s functions with the included remote control. Play music, start a slide show, all from the comfort of your living room couch.
And if you have a cable TV or satellite box, the included Media Center IR transmitter can control the channel changing. So you can automatically schedule and record TV from cable TV or a satellite receiver.
WinTV-HVR-1600 is a single slot PCI board, with two tuners: an analog 125-channel cable ready TV tuner, with a built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder, and an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner for digital TV reception. The ATSC or QAM transport stream and the encoded MPEG-2 program stream for analog TV is sent to the PC over the PCI bus.
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 1.0 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for cable TV)
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for ATSC digital TV)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
- Runs with Windows Media Center in Windows 7 and Windows Vista..
- Available PCI slot
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- DVD or CD writer for burning Video CDs, S-VCDs, or DVDs (optional)
Included in the package
- WinTV-HVR-1600 PCI bus card with 125-channel cable ready analog TV tuner, digital ATSC/QAM TV tuner and hardware MPEG-2 encoder
- Media Center certified Infra-red remote control USB transmitter and receiver
- 1 meter IR transmitter cable
- WinTV Installation and Utilities Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1600 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included in Windows 7, Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
- Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or Window Vista TV Pack 2008 is required for QAM reception
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
model 01101: WinTV-HVR-1600 MC board only with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, without remote control
model 01183: WinTV-HVR-1600 MC-Kit with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, Media Center certified remote control and IR blaster