Dual tuner PCI Express NTSC/ATSC/QAM TV tuner board for Windows Vista. Watch and record analog cable TV plus hi-definition ATSC or clear QAM digital TV on your PC!
- Dual tuner TV board for your PC: one analog TV tuner and one digital TV tuner
- Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, full height
- Built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV, for the best system performance
- Watch and record all ATSC formats, including the highest definition 1080i format
- Supports clear QAM digital cable TV channels with Windows 7 Media Center
WinTV-HVR-1800 has these great features
- Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV or analog cable TV on your PC, in a window or full screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record 'clear QAM' digital TV channels. Clear QAM digital TV channels are TV channels which are broadcast "in the clear" on your cable TV network.
- Two tuners on board: a 125 channel cable ready TV tuner and an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner.
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Analog TV features
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
Digital QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels on their cable TV network, you can receive these QAM channels with Windows 7 Media Center.
Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM cable TV channels.
WinTV-HVR-1800 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV and analog cable TV to your PC. Watch and record TV in a window or full screen using high quality MPEG-2.
Clear QAM TV channels are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator. Many cable operators in North America are transmitting the high definition ATSC channels on their cable networks. They also broadcast the basic cable channels in using clear QAM. You can use Windows 7 Media Center to watch and record these channels.
ATSC digital TV is the over-the-air HD digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. ATSC broadcasts range in resolution from standard definition up to the high definition 1080i format. The WinTV-HVR can be used to watch and record all ATSC formats.
Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 cannot receive digital satellite TV.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches your PC’s multimedia experience with near CD quality sound. WinTV-HVR’s ATSC digital TV tuner adds great features to your TV viewing: high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without any loss in quality.
Two tuners to simplify connections The WinTV-HVR-1800 has two tuners: one for analog cable TV and one for ATSC/QAM digital TV. You can connect both cable TV and an ATSC digital TV antenna at the same time.
Create your own personal Digital Video Recorder! Record cable TV shows to your PC's hard disk with our built-in high quality MPEG-2 hardware encoder. You can also record high definition digital ATSC and QAM to disk in the original digital quality. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to schedule the recordings of your favorite analog or ATSC digital TV programs. Play the recordings back to your PC screen at any time.
Are you using Windows Vista Media Center? If so, you can add WinTV-HVR-1800 as either the primary or as the second TV tuner. The Microsoft Media Center application supports up to two TV tuners, so you can watch one TV channel while recording another! And WinTV-HVR-1800 has Windows Vista Premium certification.
Technically speaking: WinTV-HVR-1800 is a PCI Express X1 board. It contains two tuners: a digital TV tuner to receive ATSC and QAM channels plus a 125-channel cable ready TV tuner. For ATSC and QAM digital TV, all 18 ATSC formats including 1080i can be watched or recorded to disk as a MPEG-2 Program Stream. A highly integrated MPEG-1/2 hardware encoder based on the Conexant -418 is on-board for recording analog cable TV to disk. The playback of the recorded ATSC and QAM digital TV and MPEG-2 encoded analog programs are done through a software MPEG-2 player.
- For Analog TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1800 can connect via either Composite or S-Video inputs. Channel changing will be done using the IR blaster.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com and enter your postal code.
- Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV. For QAM reception, you need digital cable TV which transmits 'clear QAM' ATSC channels. You need to use the Hauppauge WinTV application to watch, pause and record QAM channels.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- Processor requirements: 2.2 GHz P4 or equivalent (minimum) required for displaying ATSC high definition TV. on your PC screen
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Pro or Media Center Edition. Also Windows Vista Premium certified*
- Available PCIe X1 or X8 slot
- Graphics with 64 MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- DVD or CD writer for burning Video CD's, S-VCD's or DVD's (optional)
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1800 Media Center board for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
- Windows 7 Media Center or Windows TV Pack 2008 required for QAM reception.
model 01129: WinTV-HVR-1800 MC board only, with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio. No remote control. English only.
model 01176: WinTV-HVR-1800 MC board only, with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio. No remote control.
French/English for Canada.
model 01128: WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit, with WinTV-HVR-1800 model 1129 board, NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio and MCE remote. English manual only.
model 01121: WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit, with WinTV-HVR-1800 model 1129 board, NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio and Media Center remote kit. English/French manual for Canada.