PCI Express TV tuner plus Media Center remote control. Watch, record, pause and replay TV in Media Center.
- Single slot PCI Express TV tuner board, with dual tuner NTSC/ASTC/QAM TV tuners.
- Includes built in hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording cable TV.
- Watch, Pause and Record analog cable TV and high definition ATSC digital TV in Windows Media Center.
- Includes a Microsoft Media Center certified remote control and IR blaster.
WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit is the perfect TV upgrade for Media Center, with these great features
- Dual tuner analog cable TV and ATSC/QAM high definition digital TV tuners for North America.
- Watch, pause and record analog and ATSC digital TV in Microsoft's Media Center. Record ATSC high definition digital TV to your PC's disk in the original video quality!
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV. Record to disk using from 1-2 Gigabytes of disk space per hour of recorded video. While recording, the WinTV-HVR-1850’s hardware MPEG-2 encoder does all the work, so your PC continues to run at full speed. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to record your favorite TV shows. There’s no monthly charge for the program guide and scheduler!
- WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit includes the Media Center remote control transmitter and receiver. Manage all Media Center functions with the hand held remote control. The Media Center remote control also has an IR transmitter to control the channels on a cable TV set top box or satellite receiver.
With Microsoft Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit you can
- Watch analog cable TV and ATSC digital TV with Vista Media Center. Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to automatically record your favorite TV shows.
- Record cable TV to disk WinTV-HVR-1850’s built-in MPEG-2 recorder in DVD quality. You typically use 1-2 Gigabytes of hard disk per hour of recorded video.
- Pause analog and ATSC digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Use the included Media Center remote control to control all of the media functions, such as digital picture slide shows, music playlists, etc.
- Use Media Center’s IR transmitter to control the channels on your satellite or cable TV set top box.
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gb of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Digital QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels, you can receive these QAM channels with Windows 7 Media Center.
Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM cable TV channels.
Analog TV features
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
WinTV-HVR-1800 Media Center Kit is the best way to add TV to your Vista Home Premium or Ultimate PC. Simply plug WinTV-HVR-1800 into a PCI Express x1 slot in your PC, plug in the included Media Center remote control, connect analog cable TV, ATSC digital TV or a satellite or other set top box, and you’ll be watching TV with Media Center’s MyTV button in no time!
Clear QAM TV channels are unencrypted digital TV channels broadcast by your local cable operator. Many cable operators in North America are transmitting the high definition ATSC channels on their cable networks. They also broadcast the basic cable channels in using clear QAM. You can use Windows Media Center from Windows 7 to watch and record these channels.
ATSC digital TV is the over-the-air HD digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. ATSC broadcasts range in resolution from standard definition up to the high definition 1080i format. The WinTV-HVR can be used to watch and record all ATSC formats.
Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-1600 cannot receive digital satellite TV.
ATSC digital TV brings you sharper pictures and enriches your PC’s multimedia experience with near CD quality sound. WinTV-HVR’s ATSC digital TV tuner adds great features to your TV viewing: high definition TV reception, automatic identification of channel names plus records high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without any loss in quality.
Microsoft certified Media Center remote control included. Control all of Media Center’s functions with the included remote control. Play music, start a slide show, all from the comfort of your living room couch.
And if you have a cable TV or satellite box, the included Media Center IR transmitter can control the channel changing. So you can automatically schedule and record TV from cable TV or a satellite receiver.
Technically speaking: WinTV-HVR-1850 is a single slot PCI Express X1 board, with two tuners: an analog 125-channel cable ready TV tuner, with a built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder, and an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner for digital TV reception. The ATSC or QAM transport stream and the encoded MPEG-2 program stream for analog TV is sent to the PC over the PCI Express bus. Note: Media Center currently does not support clear QAM TV.
- Minimum processor recommended:
- 2.2 GHz Intel® P4, Core Duo, Dual Core or equivalent
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate.
- Available PCI Express x1 slot.
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).
Included in the box
- WinTV-HVR-1850 PCI Express x1 card with 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner, ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner, built-in remote control receiver and blaster, hardware MPEG-2 encoder, dbx-TV stereo decoder, S-Video/composite plus audio inputs.
- Media Center certified Infra-red remote control USB transmitter and receiver.
- 1 meter IR transmitter cable.
- WinTV Installation CD-ROM with drivers.
- Quick Installation Guide.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1800 or WinTV-HVR-1850 Media Center kits for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
- Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or TV Pack 2008 required for QAM reception
model 01129: WinTV-HVR-1850 MC board only, with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio. No remote control. English only.
model 01176: WinTV-HVR-1850 MC board only, with NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio. No remote control. French/English for Canada.
model 01128: WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit, with WinTV-HVR-1850 model 1129 board, NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio and MCE remote. English manual only.
model 01121: WinTV-HVR-1850 MC-Kit, with WinTV-HVR-1850 model 1129 board, NSTC/ATSC/QAM support, FM radio and Media Center remote kit. English/French manual for Canada.