Watch and record live HDTV or cable TV on your PC
Record your favorite TV shows to your computer
Includes set of audio/video inputs for recording video from set top boxes, VCRs and camcorders
Includes high performance hardware MPEG-2 encoder
Includes remote control and IR Blaster
TV Standards supported
- NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
- ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Watch, pause and record TV on your PC or laptop, in window or full screen
- Watch ATSC HD digital TV, up to 1080i format
- Watch clear QAM digital cable TV up to 1080i format
- NTSC analog cable TV, 125 channel cable-ready tuner
- Record ATSC digital TV or clear QAM digital cable TV in the original digital quality
- Dolby-TV stereo decoder
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV-Scheduler software
- Record analog cable TV with the on-board MPEG-2 encoder, which allows your PC to run at full speed while recording
- IR Blaster to control satellite and cable TV set top boxes
- Complete built-in audio/video inputs for connecting to VCRs and camcorders
Watch live TV on your PC or laptop
- High performance TV tuner for your PC or laptop. Watch, pause and record analog cable TV and HDTV channels, at up to 1080i resolution.
- Watch Analog TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch Clear QAM digital cable TV, or ATSC over-the-air digital TV.
- View in full screen or in a window.
- Remote control and IR blaster included.
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Media Center
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer’s hard drive with one click.
- Digital TV programs are recorded in their original video quality. 1080i programs are recorded at 1080i, etc.
- The built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder is used when recording analog video. Record analog cable TV or video from S-video or composite sources using MPEG-2.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows daily, weekly, or only once.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV:
NTSC is the analog cable TV standard for North America.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- Clear QAM digital cable TV channels are not available on all cable networks. For more information, contact your cable TV provider.
- To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either the Hauppauge WinTV v6 or v7 application or Windows Media Center from Windows 7.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1950 can connect via either Composite or S-Video inputs. Channel changing will be done using the IR Blaster.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com and enter your postal code. Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1950 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- For use with Windows Vista, the WinTV-HVR-1950 is certified for use with Microsoft’s Media Center application. Not all included applications on the enclosed installation CD are currently certified for use with Windows Vista.
model 01192: WinTV-HVR-1950 for NTSC, ATSC and clear QAM TV. With built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder and IR blaster. English Quick Install Guide.
Included in the package
- WinTV-HVR-1950 USB 2.0 external box, with built-in IR receiver and MPEG-2 hardware encoder
- USB cable
- Hauppauge Remote Control Including batteries
- IR Blaster Cable
- WinTV Installation and Utilities Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Single tuner with the following broadcast formats supported:
- NTSC analog TV, with built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV, at video resolutions to 1080i
- Clear QAM digital cable TV, at video resolutions to 1080i
- FM radio
- Audio/Video inputs:
- S-Video, composite video
- Left and right audio via RCA jacks
- Hardware MPEG-2 encoder
- Conexant CX23417 encoder
- 2D comb filter
- Datarates: 2 to 7.5 Mbits/sec
- Size: 10cm wide x 10.4 cm deep x 2.8cm high
- Power: 5V to 12V at 2 amps
- Weight: 6.5 oz
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 1.0 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching cable TV)
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching high definition ATSC or QAM digital TV)
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit), Microsoft® Windows® XP, XP Pro or Windows XP Media Center Edition, with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (32 bit)
- WinTV-HVR-1950 is Windows Vista Premium certified* and has passed Windows 7 and 8 WHQL testing
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card for TV audio
- Optional DVD burner for creating DVDs from your recordings
- Note: High definition QAM and ATSC video is not compatible with DVD disks, and therefore cannot be recorded
WinTV-HVR-1950 installation guides
WinTV-HVR-1950 QuickInstall version 3
Updated: December 2010