Watch & record hi-definition ATSC digital TV or cable TV on your PC or laptop!
- Watch and record cable TV or over-the-air ATSC high definition digital TV. programs, in a window or full screen on your PC or laptop monitor.
- Schedule your TV recordings, using the high quality MPEG-2 video recording format.
- Pocket size, easy to install on USB 2.0, The perfect traveling companion for desktop or laptops.
WinTV-HVR-850 hybrid TV stick features
- Watch high definition ATSC digital TV or analog cable TV on your PC or laptop screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- No need to open your PC: just plug into your USB 2.0 port.
- Media Center compatible. Watch and recording TV with Microsoft’s Windows Media Center*.
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV application to watch and record TV in a window or full screen. With WinTV-Scheduler, so you can record your favorite TV programs daily, weekly or once only.
- Digital ATSC over-the-air TV tuner built-in. A portable digital TV antenna is included, and can be used to receive digital TV up to 10 miles from a ATSC transmitter.
- Record ATSC digital TV programs to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gigabytes of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
- Record analog TV shows to your PC's hard disk using our SoftPVR™ MPEG-2 encoder. Analog TV recordings will typically consume 1.5 Gigabytes of disk space per hour.
Digital ATSC HD TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. ATSC digital TV recordings will typically consume from 1 to 5 Gb of disk space per hour, depending upon the TV broadcasters ATSC format.
Analog TV features
- Analog cable TV tuner built-in. Will also work with TV antenna.
- Record analog TV shows to your PC's hard disk using our SoftPVR™ MPEG-2 encoder. Analog TV recordings will typically consume 1.5 Gb of disk space per hour.
WinTV-HVR-850 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV plus analog cable TV to your PC or laptop! Watch and record TV, in a window or full screen. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to record your favorite analog or digital TV shows using high quality MPEG-2. Play your TV recordings back to your screen any time.
ATSC high definition digital TV brings you sharper TV with great sound. Watch high definition digital TV at up to 1080i on your PC screen. WinTV-HVR-850’s ATSC digital TV tuner also has automatic identification of channel names plus will record high-definition digital TV programs to your PC’s hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without losing quality.
ATSC digital TV is free-to-air digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-850 cannot receive digital cable TV or digital satellite TV.
You’re prepared for the future. If you live in an area where you can’t currently receive ATSC digital TV, the WinTV-HVR-850 can still be used to watch and record analog TV from cable TV or a TV antenna. But you're prepared for the future! When ATSC digital TV comes to your area, WinTV-HVR-850 will also receive the new digital TV channels.
WinTV-HVR-850 is easy to install. Just plug it into your PC or laptops’ USB 2.0 port and connect a TV antenna (analog cable TV is also supported). In a few minutes you’ll be watching analog or high definition ATSC digital TV on your PC or laptop screen. WinTV-HVR-850 includes a portable digital antenna, so you can receive digital TV while you travel!*
- The WinTV-HVR-850 includes a portable ATSC digital terrestrial antenna, which can be used within 10 miles of an ATSC transmitter. When used in the home or office, we recommend a roof top antenna for the best ATSC reception.
- To check the ATSC digital transmissions in your area, input your zip code at: www.titantv.com
model 01200: WinTV-HVR-850 with NSTC/ATSC support and English manual
model 01238: WinTV-HVR-850 with NSTC/ATSC support and French/English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-HVR-850 USB 2.0 TV stick with cable TV or ATSC antenna connection.
- USB extension cable.
- WinTV v7 on CD-ROM.
- Quick Installation Guide.
- Minimum processor recommended:
- 2.2 GHz Intel® P4 or 1.8 GHz Centrino or equivalent
- 2.8 GHz Intel® P4 or Core™ Duo or equivalent for analog TV recording with MPEG-2
- Microsoft Windows® 8, 7 or Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Also for Windows Media Center in Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
- Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum).
- USB 2.0 port (will not work with USB 1.1).
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).