Latest applications and driver updates
Note: The WinTV-PVR-USB2 model 29XXX is only supported under 32-bit versions of Windows. Model information can be found on the sticker located on the underside of the WinTV-PVR-USB2.
A valid WinTV application CDROM will be needed to install this WinTV v6 version. Any WinTV-NOVA version 4x, WinTV-PVR, WinTV version 6 or WinTV v7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to this WinTV v6 version, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge webstore.
Installation CD, with WinTV v6 application
Note: This is a single file which includes the driver, the driver update, middleware, video decoder and WinTV v6 applications and all accessories. This file is larger than the individual pieces, but should be easier to install since it is in one file.
Note: this package is for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, and Windows Vista.
WinTV driver only
In order to download the correct driver please check the 5 digit model number on the white sticker on the bottom of the WinTV-PVR-USB2 unit, it will be one of these models 24XXX or 29XXX.
- Download the driver update
- Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder.
- Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE from this folder.
- This will install the base driver. At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
PVR-USB2-24XXX_25191.zip for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP 32/64bit
Size: 854 KB
PVR-USB2-29XXX_25022.zip for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP 32bit
Size: 651 KB
Accessory software for the WinTV-PVR-USB2
Accessories included on CD download.
None at this time.
3rd Party Applications
SageTV: Intelligent PVR Software : SageTV is personal video recording software with an integrated EPG for use with your WinTV-HVR-950, WinTV-PVR-150 or WinTV-PVR-500. With SageTV, you can pause live TV, rewind and fast forward, and conveniently record your shows. SageTV also provides an Integrated Programming Guide with no subscription fees listing all upcoming programs for the next 14 days based on your cable or satellite provider. SageTV is the only PVR application for the PC that introduces Intelligent Recording and Scheduling based on your past viewing habits. SageTV interacts with your WinTV-PVR to provide you with the ultimate 24/7 PVR application for your PC. SageTV also support the use of multiple WinTV-PVR's, recording multiple channels at once!
SnapStream Beyond TV™ 4 : "Proving that a PC can rival TIVO" !
- Supports the latest Hauppauge TV tuners: Supports the WinTV-HVR-950, WinTV-PVR-150, WinTV-PVR-150MCE and dual tuner WinTV-PVR-500 with remote control and more.
- Record more than one show at the same time or watch one while recording another with multi-tuner support
- Record an entire TV series Record one show, every episodes, or only new episodes of your favorite show
- Enjoy the full screen interface Choose shows and setup recordings from the comfort of your couch
- Easily find shows using the integrated Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Record and watch HDTV shows with over-the-air HD support on the WinTV-HVR-950
- Skip commercials with SmartSkip™
- Find shows faster with the new browse by category feature, or search by title or keyword
- No subscription fees
- Schedule recordings away from home via the Internet or a web-ready phone
- Download FREE 21-day trial today
WinTV initialization error: "Failed to Create TV Window, another application may be using the driver"
Make sure that the device is plugged in directly to the PC and not a HUB. Also, Make sure that the HCWSMD MPEG codecs are installed on the system.
Check in Device Manager to see if the device is listed properly in the “Sound, video, and game controllers”.
- If it is, unplug the power from the unit and restart the computer. Upon reboot, plug it in again and try WinTV again.
- If it is not listed properly, unplug the unit, restart the PC and uninstall the drivers and software using HCWCLEAR. After running the HCWCLEAR program, plug the unit back in and reinstall the drivers/applications.
- If error continues to come up, try it in another USB port.
- If error still continues, it may be a defective unit and would require a replacement.
This error message can indicate a problem with the Driver installation or a hardware malfunction. Look in the Device Manager under the "Sound, video and game controllers" to see if the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-USB2 is listed.
If it is listed and there is a Yellow mark on it, this would indicate that the drivers would need to be reinstalled. Please refer to "Latest drivers and installation procedures" above.
If it is not listed, this would normally indicate that the hardware was not recognized by the system and the drivers were unable to install. try disconnecting the Power supply from the PVR-USB2. Wait a few moments and reconnect the power.
- If the Hardware Wizard detects the device, continue the installation of the drivers using the supplied installation CD Rom.
- If the hardware wizard does not detect the device, there may be a problem with the hardware. Try moving it to a different USB2 port on the PC. If you get the same problem, the hardware may be defective and require repair. Contact Tech Support for more information.
If the channels are scanned in properly, they should be listed in the Suite Manager.
If you get a Black screen after scanning for channels, but you can hear the audio, try closing and reopening the program. If this doesn't work, try changing the MPEG settings in the Preferences. Click on Pref in the WinTV2000 application and go to Movies - Mpeg and change the Quality Level then click OK. This should get the video to display.
If you do not hear the audio, there may be a problem with the video decoders. If you look in the Control Panel - Add/Remove programs, you should have a listing for "Intervideo Filter SDK for Hauppauge". If this is not listed, you will need to install the MPEG decoders. You can install the decoders from the SMD folder on the WinTV Installation CD or download them from here.
If you get a Black Screen or a Splash screen with a still image in the WinTV window, try changing the display setting in the Primary program. This is installed with the WinTV software and you can find it in the Hauppauge WinTV Program group. (Start - Programs - Hauppauge WinTV) Make sure the WinTV application is shut down when changing the settings in the Primary program otherwise the change will not take affect. After you change the setting, close the Primary program and try the WinTV application again.
First make sure that the IR Remote software is installed and running in the system tray. There should be a small black remote control icon listed in the System Tray. If you click on it you should be able to open the WinTV programs. Is this installed and does it function properly?
If it is not installed, you can install it from the IR32 folder on the WinTV Installation CD Rom.
If the software is installed but you are unable to open or control the WinTV software with the remote control, the device may need to be reset. Recycle the power to it by unplugging the unit from the power cable for a few seconds then re-plugging it.
If you are still unable to use the remote control, this may be a hardware problem and would require repair of the device. Please contact our Tech Support Dept at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on repairing your device.
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the Wintv program.