Latest Drivers for WinTV-USB2
Note: the operation of WinTV-USB2 under WindowsXP requires two pieces: a WinTV driver and a WinTV application (the WinTV application is available below in "Latest WinTV Application" section). You cannot run the application without loading the driver.
Latest driver for the WinTV-USB2 This driver will remove and replace any older WinTV-USB2 driver.
- Download this file (wintv_usb2_11_23292.exe) and save it to a directory you will remember (for example: C:\)
- Run wintv_usb2_11_23292.exe. This will unpack the driver and start the driver installation. You do not have to remove the WinTV-USB2.
- Halfway through the installation you will be asked to Reboot. Do so to continue the driver installation.
- After rebooting, Windows will display a "New Hardware Found" message, and then go on to install this updated driver.
- Now, download and install the WinTV application (see below).
Support for the latest TV tuners.
Updated: October 24, 2005
To install, copy this file to a temporary directory on your local disk. Then run wintv2k_412_24054.exe, which will install the new WinTV2000 application.
For support of the new Hauppauge remote control and the Hauppauge IR RemoteBlaster, use the latest IR Remote Control and IRBlaster Setup program. (found in the Accessories section of this page).
Size: 2.5 Mb
Updated: Jan. 11, 2006
TV Scheduler version 21_23054.exe
This version allows 'background recording' on dual tuner WinTV products.
This version also supports Hauppauges' Wing, for creating iPod and Sony PSP videos from your standard definition MPEG-2 recordings (note: Wing requires the purchase of a license. For more information, go to http://www.hauppauge.com/site/wing/).
Updated: February 23, 2005
IR Remote control application
Remote control applet. After you run this applet, an icon will appear in your Windows device tray showing that the Hauppauge remote control is active..
Updated: September 2, /2009
None at this time.
None at this time.
Prodinfo.exe is a program which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed. Information will be displayed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The Windows driver for your Hauppauge TV tuner must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program which will remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.