The WinTV-PVR-250 brings live TV to your PC screen. With it's 125-channel cable ready TV receiver, you can watch TV in a resizeable window or full screen while you work on your PC.
But thats not all!!
WinTV-PVR puts TV watching under your control! Watch what you want, when you want! With WinTV-PVR you can pause TV when you want, create your own instant replay and even burn your TV shows and home videos onto CD-ROM or DVD*!
Want to make your PC a Digital VCR? The WinTV-PVR-250, with the built-in hardware MPEG2 encoder, can take your home video tapes and turn them into high quality MPEG videos. The you can author and burn DVD's, VideoCD's or S-VideoCD's*. WinTV-PVR-250 includes the excellent ULead DVD Movie Factory to author your digital videos.
With WinTV-PVR-250 you can:
- Watch TV in a window on your PC screen (any size), or watch TV full screen!
- Record your home videos and TV shows to disk using MPEG compression. The built-in hardware MPEG encoder allows you to continue to use your computer while recording. Surf the net or answer e-mail while digitally recording to your PC's hard disk!
- Schedule your TV recordings with WinTV-Scheduler. The Electronic Program Guides TitanTV.com in the U.S., TVTV.de in Europe and iEPG in Japan, are Internet based program guides which work with WinTV-PVR to help schedule your TV recordings
- Pause and instantly replay your TV shows, with 2X and 8x digital fast forward and rewind
- Capture high quality still video images from live or recorded TV
- Edit your TV shows or home videos with the Hauppauge MPEG Editor
- With the included DVD MovieFactory, you can author your home videos onto CD or DVD*
WinTV-PVR-250 includes WinTV-Scheduler, which can schedule TV watching and recording on a daily, weekly or random schedule. Never miss those old favorite shows broadcast in the middle of the night! We support the TitanTV Electronic Program Guide in North America (see www.titantv.com for more information), plus TVTV in Europe and iEPG in Japan.
WinTV-PVR's Pause feature gives you control of what you watch in your WinTV window. Get personal "instant replay" to stop the action when you want to analyze a key scene. Instantly rewind to any point and replay the action again. You're in control with WinTV-PVR!
Ever been called to the phone, had to answer the door, or went for a snack and missed the big play? With WinTV-PVR, you'll never miss the action again. Just click on WinTV-PVR's "One Touch Pause" button to pause your TV show, click again to continue watching where you left off. Then skip through commercials as you catch up to the live broadcast.
Record your home videos and TV shows using high quality MPEG and play them back on your PC or home DVD player! The WinTV-PVR250's Record button allow you to record your TV shows or home video to your PC's hard disk and play them back at any time. Then use your PC's CD-RW burner or DVD burner to create Video CD's, S-VCD's or DVD's*, with up to one hour of TV video. Video CD's can be played on your PC or laptop computer, or on your home DVD player (see our web site for a complete list of tested compatible DVD players). Record TV show episodes to CD-RW disks, and then watch them on your laptop when you travel. Or play them through your DVD player in your living room.
Is your closet filled with bulky video tapes? WinTV-PVR can put your home videos onto DVD or CD-ROM instead. Five DVD's (with 10 hours of high quality video) or Video CD's (with 5 hours of VHS quality video) can be stored in the space of one video tape on your video shelf. And when you want to mail a video to a friend, you can slip them into an envelope. Try to do that with videotape!
WinTV-PVR-250 uses a new integrated MPEG1/MPEG2 encoder, the Conexant -016,which compresses your videos 100:1 whithout slowing down your PC's processor and while providing great on-screen video quality. WinTV-PVR-250 can record full screen TV using 2 GB of hard disk space per hour.
With WinTV-PVR-250, you can also create Video CD's, saving up to an hour of video on a single CD-RW disk and playing them on your home DVD player. You can also create S-VideoCD's, which allows up to 1/2hour of MPEG2 quality video on a CD-RW disk.
If you have one of the new DVD+RW or DVD-R burners, you can record your TV shows (or home
videos!) with WinTV-PVR-250 and burn them onto DVD. The WinTV-PVR-250 has been tested with
MyDVD, DVD-It and ULead's DVD MovieFactory, popular DVD burning applications.
Note: a list of tested compatible DVD players which can play WinTV-PVR created Video CD's can
be found on our web site at: www.hauppauge.com/dvdplayers
WinTV2000 window under WindowsXP
Click on the image to see a full size picture
The WinTV-PVR-250's TV tuner and S-Video/composite video inputs are for either PAL or NTSC.
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner
- Composite/s-video input to connect to VCR or camcorders
- High quality MPEG1/MPEG2 video and audio encoder
- dbx-TV stereo decoder (Nicam stereo decoder in Europe)
- IR remote control
MPEG record specifications:
- MPEG1 recording at 1150K bits/sec (Video CD data rate)
- MPEG2 record datarates:
2MBit/sec, 4MBit/sec, 6Mbit/sec, 8Mbit/sec, 12Mbit/sec.
Selections for DVD Standard play (8MBitsec), DVD Long Play (4MBit/sec) and DVD Extra Long Play (2MBit/sec)
- NTSC format* at 29.97fps: Full D1: 720x480, MPEG1: 352x240
- PAL format* at 25fps: Full D1: 720x576, MPEG1: 352x288
- Audio capture formats: 32/44.1/48 KHz, 16bit stereo, 192/224/384Kbits/sec
- Chroma sampling: YUV 4:2:0
- Video file format: .MPG
- MPEG file tested compatible with: MediaStudio 6.0, MyDVD and DVD MovieFactory DVD authoring applications
- Processor requirements:
- Pentium® II processor 733MHz or faster for TV pause with full screen playback
- Windows®98SE (Second Edition), Windows® Millennium Edition, Windows2000 and WindowsXP.
- Free PCI slot
- Sound card
- DVD or CD-RW writer (optional for burning DVDs or Video CD’s)
- VGA card (PCI or AGP) which supports video overlay (NVidia, S3, ATI, etc.)
WinTV-PVR-250 has a retail price of $149.-and is available at computer products retailers throughout the U.S.
Outside the U.S., see our "Where to Buy" page.
* Note: Creating Video CD's and S-VideoCD's requires that your PC have a CD-RW burner. Creating DVD's requires that your PC have a DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R recorder.