WinTV-PVR includes WinTV-Scheduler, which can control TV watching on a daily,
weekly or random schedule. And you can schedule your TV recording, too. Never miss those old
favorite shows which are broadcast in the middle of the night!
WinTV-PVR Pause feature gives you control of what you watch in your WinTV
window. Get personal "instant replay" to stop the action when you want to analyze a key scene.
Instantly rewind to any point and replay the action again. You're in control with WinTV-PVR!
Ever been called to the phone, had to answer the door, or went for a snack and missed the big
play? With WinTV-PVR, you'll never miss the action again. Just click on WinTV-PVR's
"One Touch Pause" button to pause your TV show, click again to continue watching where you
left off. Then skip through commercials as you catch up to the live broadcast.
Record your TV shows and play them on your PC or home DVD player! With WinTV-PVR,
you can record your TV shows to your PC's hard disk and play them back at any time. Then use
your PC's CD-RW burner to create Video CD's, with up to one hour of TV video. Video CD's can
be played on your PC or laptop computer, or on your home DVD player (see our web site for a
complete list of tested compatible DVD players). Record TV show episodes to CD-RW disks, and
then watch them on your laptop when you travel. Or play them through your DVD player in your
Is your closet filled with bulky video tapes? WinTV-PVR can put your TV shows and home
videos onto CD-ROM instead. Five Video CD's can be stored in the space of one video tape on your video shelf. And when you
want to mail a video to a friend, you can slip a CD into an envelope. Try to do that with
WinTV-PVR-usb uses an advanced MPEG2 hardware compression systems, compressing your
videos 100:1 while providing great on-screen video quality.
WinTV-PVR-usb can record full screen TV using 2 GB of hard disk space per hour. With WinTV-PVR, you
can also create Video CD's, saving an hour of video on a single CD-RW disk and playing them on
your home DVD player.
Note: a list of tested compatible DVD players which can play WinTV-PVR created Video CD's can
be found on our web site at: http://www.hauppauge.com/dvdplayers
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner
- Composite and s-video inputs to connect to VCR or camcorders
- High quality MPEG2 video and audio encoder
- dbx-TV stereo decoder
- FM stereo radio receiver
- USB plug and play installation for laptops and PCs
MPEG capture specifications:
- MPEG2 capture rates: 2MBit/sec, 4MBit/sec, 6Mbit/sec at full D1, plus S-VCD (standard play, long play, extra long play)
- MPEG1 capture at 1150 Kbits/sec (Video CD data rate)
- Audio sampling: 44.1 KHz
- Chroma sampling: YUV 4:2:0
- Video file format: .MPG
- MPEG file tested compatible with: MediaStudio 6.0, ULead DVD MovieFactory 2.0
- Processor requirements: Pentium® II processor 500MHz or faster for TV watching, recording and pause
- Windows®XP, 98SE (Second Edition), Windows® Millennium Edition, Windows2000
- Free USB port (or USB hub)
- Sound card
- CD-RW writer for burning Video CD’s (optional)
- VGA card (PCI or AGP) which supports video overlay (NVidia, S3, ATI, etc.)
WinTV-PVR-usb has a retail price of $199.-