Hauppauge Capture Download
Hauppauge Capture version 37093 | Date: April 3, 2019
- Plug in the HD PVR Pro 60 to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port (USB 3.0 port is recommended due to the higher power output it provides)
- Click the download button and Save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Note: we recommend making all HDMI and A/V connections to the HD PVR Pro 60 while the device is disconnected from the USB port (in other words: unpowered).
New feature in HC version 37093:
Add color and brightness controls: in Advanced menu, there are now settings for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue. You can use the built-in Xbox One calibration tool to adjust the HD PVR Pro 60 settings. To do this:
- open Hauppauge Capture
- on your Xbox One, navigate to Display & sound -> Video output -> Calibrate HDTV
- skip to the Brightness screen. The key instruction is 'Brightness: turn this all the way up, then turn it down so that the large closed eye to the right just disappears'
- then, in Hauppauge Capture, go to the Advanced menu and open Video Proc Amp settings
- use Brightness to satisfy "turn this all the way up, then turn it down so that the large closed eye to the right just disappears".
- you can then skip on your Xbox One to the Contrast adjustment, this time using the Hauppauge Capture Contrast setting to satisfy the Xbox One instruction: "adjust the contrast to your perference, so that you barely see the large sun image to the right".
- once you have these settings, click OK and they will be saved on your HD PVR Pro 60
HD PVR Pro 60 Firmware Update
Firmware updates can be done to add new features and performance improvements to the HD PVR Pro 60
HD PVR Pro 60 Firmware Version 210
New in this version: fixes snapshot in standalone mode
To install the latest HD PVR Pro 60 firmware:
- Download the firmware:
- Unzip this file. Inside are the firmware file (.BRN file) and instructions (also provided here)
- Copy HU677UVC.BRN to root of your SD Card (FAT32 or exFAT is supported)
- Plug SD card into HD PVR Pro 60
- Disconnect the USB Cable
- Hold in the snapshot button while connecting the USB cable and wait until the white LEDs are flashing. You can release the snapshot button while the white lights are flashing.
- Once firmware is complete the LED's will turn green.
You can verify the firmware version in Hauppauge Capture -> Advanced Options -> Firmware