Hauppauge Capture Features
- Record, edit and upload your Xbox, PlayStation, WiiU and PC game play in HD. Also for recording HD from cable or satellite TV boxes using Component video.
- Webcam mixer built-in: record your videos with Facecam (HD PVR 2, HD PVR Rocket and Colossus 2) (Note: Facecam requires an i5 or i7 or faster processor)
- Audio mixer built in: add game commentary to your recordings and Twitch and YouTube streams. With multi-track audio
- Simple and fast trim editor, with no loss in video quality. I frame editor allows you to trim your videos without having to re-encode so there is no loss in video quality
- Upload your game recordings to YouTube
- Built-in live streaming: includes Hauppauge StreamEez for Twitch and YouTube Live streaming. (Note: YouTube streaming requires Live Event enabled by YouTube)
- Built-in logo inserter: put your channel logo (PNG, jpeg or GIF) in your recordings and video streams (HD PVR 2 and Colossus 2 only)
- Simple to use video quality selector and scaling options
- 5.1 channel audio: record 5.1 channel audio over SPDIF Optical on the HD PVR 2 GE Plus and the HD PVR 2 model 1512
Personal Logo inserter
The Personal Logo inserter is part of Hauppauge Capture and can be found in the Settings tab. It only runs with the HD PVR 2 (all models) and Colossus 2. There is also a standalone version which is installed with the HD PVR 2 Installer.
Some tips on using the Personal Logo application
- The logo must be less than 1200pixels x 550pixels and be a GIF, BMP or PNG format. PNG files are recommended since they can be transparent. When creating a PNG file, create 24-bit transparent logos.
- In Hauppauge Capture, click the Settings tab and then click 'Enable Personal Logo'. Then click 'Browse' and find your logo. Once you open the logo, you can position it on the screen by dragging it around with your mouse. Then click the 'Apply' button to add your logo.
- If you change the record resolution, the HD PVR 2 record application will calculate where to reposition it to keep it in the same spot.
- You can adjust the transparency by using the Alpha slide bar. All the way to the right makes the logo fully opaque, while moving it to the middle makes the logo semi-transparent.
- The settings are "sticky". Once set, they will be applied to all future recordings (unless you re-run the Personal logo program and make changes).
- Here is a short test video we made using the logo inserted by the Personal Logo application. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T1phlzaz28
Hauppauge Capture Download
Hauppauge Capture version 36187
Hauppauge Capture supports the following products:
- HD PVR 2 (all models)
- Colossus 2 and Colossus
- HD PVR Rocket
- HD PVR 60
- HD PVR model 1212
- Click the download button and save Hauppauge Capture to your PC (do not select 'Run')
- Once Hauppauge Capture is downloaded, run the Hauppauge Capture installation
- After installation, you will be asked to reboot your PC. Please reboot.
- While rebooting your PC, if you have an HD PVR 2, remove the power plug from the back of the HD PVR 2 for a few seconds and then plug it back in. This resets the HD PVR 2.
- Once your PC is rebooted, you will see the Hauppauge Capture icon on your Windows desktop. Run it. No other setup is needed.
Hauppauge Capture Beta Version
None at this time
Hauppauge Capture Compatibility
Hauppauge Capture supports the following models:
- HD PVR 60
- HD PVR 2 (all models)
- HD PVR Rocket (all models)
- StreamEez Pro (all models)
- Colossus 2 (all models)
- HD PVR model 1212 and other original HD PVR models (Webcam, Logo, Streaming, Microphone, and direct MP4 capture not supported)
- Colossus (all models) (Webcam and Logo not supported)
Note: you can have Showbiz, the WinTV application and Hauppauge Capture installed at the same time on your PC, but you can only record from one program at a time.